AUSTIN, Texas (December 30, 2015) – Adelbert’s Brewery in Austin, Texas is excited to announce it has received two Gold Medals from the 2015 Artisan Awards for Flyin’ Monks and Dancin’ Monks. With the addition of these two medals, Adelbert’s Brewery now holds 27 medals to date.
The Artisan Awards is a competition that showcases traditional made products from producers around the world. The Artisan Awards beer category is growing in both sales and popularity year after year. They aim to highlight where the products were sourced, much like a farmers market, by showcasing traditional, organic, handmade, local, small batch, and seasonal beer brands.
Flyin’ Monks, a quadrupel, is conditioned on oak cubes used by Spirit of Texas Distillery to age their Pecan Street Rum. This ale has complex sweet oak and rum flavors with a warm alcoholic finish. It also holds a Gold Medal from the International Craft Competition Awards and Regional Championship from the United States Beer Tasting Championship (USBTC).
Dancin’ Monks, a dubbel, is a clean, malty ale with fruity, plum aromas and robust flavors. The carbonation balances the moderate sweetness from the malt, resulting in a dry and smooth finish. It also has a Gold Medal from the Craft Beer Awards.
Prior to the Artisan Awards, Adelbert’s Brewery brought home another seven awards in 2015 including:
- Great American Beer Festival (GABF) Gold Medal in Belgian and French Style Ale for Vintage Monks
- International Craft Competition Awards Gold Medal for Flyin’ Monks
- Belgian White-Wit National Grand Champion from the United States Beer Tasting Championship (USBTC) for Naked Nun
- Silver Medal at the Best Of Craft Beer Awards for Naked Nun
- Bronze Medal from Best Little Brewfest in Texas for Tripel B
- Gold Medal from Best Little Brewfest in Texas for Scratchin’ Hippo
- International Craft Competition Awards Gold Medal for Vintage Nun
About Adelbert’s Brewery:
Adelbert’s Brewery is an award-winning microbrewery that produces bottle-conditioned ales in Austin, Texas. The brewery believes excellent beer requires quality ingredients and hands-on brewing. We use non-GMO Bohemian floor malted barley, Noble hops, and fresh yeast propagated at the brewery. While brewing, we utilize a multi-temperature decoction mash to extract a more complex flavor from our grains. For more information, visit www.adelbertsbeer.com.
The post Adelbert’s Brewery Brings Home Two Gold Medals from 2015 Artisan Awards appeared first on CraftBeer.com.
This article originally appeared on craftbeer.com