(FORT COLLINS) – New Belgium Brewing is all about beer. And bicycles. And sustainability. And a few other things, but mostly really good beer. Behind each world-class beer are world-class people and the brewery is looking to for college students to expand its team.
New Belgium is hiring 14 College Brand Ambassadors for the upcoming 2018-19 school year. Those selected for this program will play a frontline role in increasing New Belgium brand awareness by executing tasting events, promotions and more.
“If you are into mindless busy work, coffee runs, making copies, this opportunity is not for you,” said New Belgium’s Recruiting Manager Justin Cross. “We’re looking for college students who want to do something valuable and impactful while helping to drive value for one of the best independent craft beer brands in the country.”
This new program gives students considering a career in craft a foot in the door and possible fulltime employment upon graduation. Students hired for these positions will begin their beer journey with a training session in Fort Collins to learn the ins and outs of craft beer sales and marketing. Once armed with a beer education, the College Brand Ambassadors will return to their campuses to work alongside local Rangers (the brewery’s name for salespeople) about 15 hours per week.
The students will not be just working for free beer, these are paid positions.
New Belgium will be accepting applications from now until July 20th, 2018. This is a part-time position and is responsible for executing local tasting events, building and maintaining partnerships/relationships and executing promotions. To be considered for one of these positions, successful applicants will attend one of the following institutions of higher learning:
- University of Michigan
- DePaul University
- University of Miami
- Arizona State University
- Southern Methodist University
- San Francisco State University
- Long Beach State
- University of North Carolina
- Atlanta University Center Consortium (Morehouse College/Spelman College/Clark University)
- St. Joseph’s University
- Boston University
- University of Colorado
- Boise State University
- University of Kansas
This position will be working during the 2018-2019 school year.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Provide sampling at accounts and other promotional events to drive sales in local markets
- Sell into set local accounts with assistance of local Ranger, including building and maintaining relationships/partnerships and visibility in marketplace
- Provide excellent customer service and education on NBB beers, culture and business practices
- Engage customers through social media outlets as required, adhering to legal compliance and internal policies
- Understand and maintain legal compliance when serving and selling our beers
- Availability to work flexible hours, up to 15-20 hours/week
Desired Skills/Experience (but not limited to):
- Minimum six (6) months of customer service related work experience
- Must be 21 or older
- Ability to have transportation to event locations
- Exceptional customer service skills and abilities
- General knowledge of brewing and the beer industry
- Knowledge and understanding of local laws/guidelines around identification and service of alcohol and ability to pass TIPS training during orientation
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to speak in front of larges groups
- Ability to deal with difficult situations and resolve matter appropriately and effectively
About New Belgium Brewing
New Belgium Brewing, makers of Fat Tire and a host of Belgian-inspired beers, is recognized as one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work, one of the Wall Street Journal is Best Small Businesses and tops Bicycling Magazine’s Best Companies for Cyclists. The 100% employee-owned brewery is a Platinum-level Bicycle Friendly Business as designated by the League of American Bicyclists, one of World Blu’s most democratic U.S. businesses, and a Certified B Corp. In addition to Fat Tire Amber Ale, New Belgium brews sixteen year-round beers: Citradelic Tangerine IPA, Fat Tire Belgian White, The Hemperor HPA, Voodoo Ranger IPA, Voodoo Ranger Imperial IPA, Voodoo Ranger 8 Hop Pale Ale, Voodoo Ranger Juicy Haze IPA, Sour Saison, Honey Orange Tripel, Dayblazer Easygoing Ale, Tartastic Fruit Beer Series, 1554 Black Lager, Bohemian Pilsner, Abbey Belgian Style Ale, Trippel and a gluten-reduced beer, Glutiny Pale Ale. To learn more, visit NewBelgium.com and follow the brewery on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The post Dream Job Alert: New Belgium Brewing Seeks College Brand Ambassadors Across the U.S. appeared first on CraftBeer.com.
This article originally appeared on craftbeer.com